Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The offical Forum for Jabberjays.com.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Back to Jabberjays.comBack to Jabberjays.com  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» r u team peeta or team gale ????????????
Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 1:33 pm by catnip503

» Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome
Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 1:31 pm by catnip503

» Chit Chat about anything and everything!
Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 pm by catnip503

» who was ur favorite character in the books?????
Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:02 pm by catnip503

» Favorite quotes?
Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:56 am by catnip503

» Hunger Games rap parody - Tributes in Panem
Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:48 pm by GirlsArentFunny

» All Just a Morphling Dream?
Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:01 pm by Sy23

» What is it about Hunger Games that makes it such a special book? What's the magic behind it?
Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:12 am by Sy23

» I can't believe...
Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:04 am by Sy23

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:14 am

Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome

Go down 
+12
She's Not Broken
cynicalcivility
<3TeamGale<3
peeta luva 1818
Ruewillfly
JohannaMason
anabelkaybee
Rileylight
katyflinn
MyfearsMylies
Permanent Hiatus
anna
16 posters
AuthorMessage
anna
Admin
anna

Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:02 pm

This the only place to post spoilers for the first week after Mockingjay is released! Please don't post in other areas, be fair to fellow readers!
Back to top Go down
https://jabberjays.forumotion.net
Permanent Hiatus

Permanent Hiatus

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:51 pm

I won't be posting any spoilers... yet, but I was squealing myself happy for the first ten minutes the book was in my hand!

I've been reading non-stop since I got it five hours ago!
Back to top Go down
MyfearsMylies

MyfearsMylies

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:47 pm

Let me tell you, I read this book from ten this morning until 8 30 this evening and I was almost in hysterics the entire book. I am seriously dizzy because the book messed me up so bad! I cant believe what happens to everyone! I dont want to give away spoilers until other people post but I finished the entire thing and I am absolutely speechless. The only this I can do is gape at the book cover after I closed it! The ending was just... phenomenal. Ahhh, this book WILL haunt me for the rest of my life.
Back to top Go down
katyflinn

PostSubject: I HATED IT!!!   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:08 pm

I hated it. Hate it. It was too dark and depressing. Maybe I'm just a sucker for happy endings but I did not like it. I wish it had ended at catching fire and i had never read mockingjay

Cinna... Finnick... Prim! It's so sad
and Katniss basically dead because she's like, insane!
and Gale....... what kind of ending does he have? heartbroken??

Prim. Katniss did mostly everything she did to protect Prim. Fought for her life and her sister's life.... and all that is gone!!

and poor annie... without finnick she is probably crazy or heartbroken!

I feel like the only thing accomplished was that the hunger games were stoppped and a bunch of people died. blaaa
Back to top Go down
Rileylight

PostSubject: amazing   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:57 pm

I got mockingjay five days ago. It was without doubt the most intesifying book ever. I almost cried when Prim and Finnik died. New carachters. So many visits to the hospital. Soilder training. Hijacking and last but not least torture, trust and love. Peeta going from wild animal to same old boy, Gale the hunting boy into a brilliant war fighting man. Many people died keeping Katniss alive. Then somehow she was back in the games trying to stay away from man-eating lizards, bombs and the clutches of Snow. President. Snow is a killer. He killed many of the people in the capitols by setting traps just to get the rebles out. It was terrifing. I think it was smart of Katniss to kill Coin. In the end everything turned out good. No more hunger games. No more capitol. No more Snow. District 12 is back to normal. I am glad the Katniss and Peeta had children and got married. Also that district 13 and all the other disrticts are peaceful now. Thank you so much Suzanne Collins YOU ARE MY IDOL! YOU ARE GOD WHEN IT COMES TO WRITTING BOOKS. THE MOVIES NEED TO BE MADE AND COME OUT. i am willing to be in the movie ya know. Alright i love your work. peace out!
Back to top Go down
Permanent Hiatus

Permanent Hiatus

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:19 pm

I just finished reading it...

I'm still crying and gasping for air.

It was true to itself and it's prequels The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. There was no happy ending, no happy middle and no happy beginning.

The theme of this book was so different, the characters were changed and I missed them.

When Prim died, I held out on the hope she wasn't actually gone. I had been compiling a list of the deceased and kept her name off until the end... I just didn't have the heart to write it.

It is true that I may be too emotionally invested in a series of books and find even myself questioning my sanity at times. But now I have this question for everyone else: How can you not pour your very being into the pages of these books?

On another note: Collins made everything work at the end; she didn't leave it hanging so that readers would ponder over a certain decisions, she tied up all the loose ends and left us with nothing -- Absolutely nothing. And you know what? I'm glad she did that so the memory of these books will remain preserved.

This was a beautifully haunting piece of work that will always have a spot on my shelf and in my mind.
Back to top Go down
anna
Admin
anna

PostSubject: ... plop.... that was my heart hit the floor.   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:26 am

I love it.

I bawled.

I will miss Finnick dancing away in his underwear.

I somehow saw Coin's demises long before it came.

Sweet little Prim.... I'm actually tearing up as I type her name.

I hope for love of any type future this world can hold, that people get the message this book brings.

I want to say more but just can't... I feel unhinged and scared of what I may dream up.

I think its safe to say, a piece of Katniss lives in me.

Back to top Go down
MyfearsMylies

MyfearsMylies

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:03 am

Say Goodbye Again wrote:

It is true that I may be too emotionally invested in a series of books and find even myself questioning my sanity at times. But now I have this question for everyone else: How can you not pour your very being into the pages of these books?

That is exactly how I feel!!

But I am pissed Finnick died. How can he a main character throughout the entire third book and then... just die like that? He is and will forever be my favorite character.
Back to top Go down
anabelkaybee

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:33 pm

MyfearsMylies wrote:
Say Goodbye Again wrote:

That is exactly how I feel!!

But I am pissed Finnick died. How can he a main character throughout the entire third book and then... just die like that? He is and will forever be my favorite character.

Oh my goooodness. All of this ^^^^ All of it.
Especially the Finnick part... I mean.. I understood that at any moment that a favorite character might die.. but I was really unprepared for his death... especially how it was written, and what Katniss saw, it just made me cry so much. Whyyyyy must my favorite character also die. But that little bit at the end.. about the book, the color of Finnick`s eyes, the photo of his newborn son, that I really loved. ♥
The entire idea of that book, I think, is one of my favorite parts ever. To remember that which you cannot trust yourself to remember.

Honestly, though, I absolutely loved the book. There were, of course, parts of it, where I was like WHATTT NO, FOOL, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? and parts where I just wanted to scream, but I accept that I didn`t write this book, I didn`t decided how the third book would end up, and Suzanne Collins made it more amazing and terrific and dark than anyone else ever could. I`m going to be raving about this series for the rest of my life. The first book is desperation, for Katniss to keep herself alive, to protect Prim. The second book is hope, that she can restore things to how they were before, keep Snow away, and lastly to keep Peeta alive. But the third book... is something else entirely. The third book is dark and violent and it is raw truth, it is going insane, because there`s finally no other way to survive. Katniss and her decisions, Peeta and his hijacking, Gale and becoming belligerent.
Katniss, throughout the entire series, wonders if she`s going insane and nobody has the heart to tell her. In the end, she truly realizes that she has gone insane. Peeta realizes he`s gone insane soon after he has, when he asks to be killed. Gale realizes this after the war, that it was his trap that killed Prim, and he leaves everything behind and goes to 2. But Katniss, she figures it out last, and only Peeta could help her come to terms with it.
I love that she ended up with Peeta, I wanted her to end up with him all along. However, I had always assumed it would be something like, Gale would die for her and Peeta would end up with her, or whatever. But of course, Suzanne Collins being the brilliant mind she is, made it way more complicated and twisted and hijacked Peeta. I can say that for a good chunk of this book, I truly believed that Peeta would never again be the person he was and that he would end up dead somehow. But when he told Katniss "always", he meant it.
Boggs` dying.. I quite liked Boggs, he was actually something of a decent father figure. Prim`s death, though, that was insane. I never expected Prim to die. Ever. Like, ever. Throughout the book, I really like that she took on that role of a more mature person and she did a lot of growing up... but I honestly believed that when I finished the book, the epilogue would surely tell me that she`d grown up to be an amazing doctor. I couldn`t believe her death because I was sure, SURE that her death would be the one thing that more than anybody else`s death, would send her over the edge and into total insanity. I mean, she`d already lost so much. She was cold with Gale and knew they could never be what they were, Peeta had been tortured into a person who no longer loved her, Finnick had died to help her, Boggs, and so, so, so, so many others, to help the Mockingjay. But Prim? And after that, as I read, I wonder why.... why would Suzanne Collins kill off Prim?
And it wasn`t until the very end of the book.. that I understood.
The book wasn`t about defeating the Capitol. It wasn`t about killing Snow, or Coin. Nooo.
The book was about being faced with the most difficult things that a person could ever be faced with. Being broken and shattered. Having everything you believe in, everything you love, everything you would die without, be taken away from you.
And then getting back up, slowly, but surely, no matter how long it takes, clearing your mind, and continuing with your life.
♥
Back to top Go down
JohannaMason

PostSubject: So I'm not too fond of Mockingjay as a whole...   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:52 pm

The more I think about it, the more I realize I hate it. Not the entire book (in fact, the first half is PERFECT), but the ending. It leaves so much to be desired. But let me backtrack.
--In the beginning, I hate how vulnerable Katniss is. I know she’s only seventeen, but what with two Games in her experience, I had hoped she’d have a bit more fight in her than that. Also, it seemed that every injury ended by waking up in the hospital. It was just the easy way out.
--I felt like Cinna’s death wasn’t clear. It was never stated outright by someone who could confirm his death, it was just kind of assumed.
--Peeta. Honestly, I expected him to die. I WANTED him dead. To me, it was the only thing that made sense. I didn’t think he was coming back from the Capitol. When he did, however I expected there to be some big romantic scene between him and Katniss. Instead, he tries to kill her. Which I positively LOVED. I thought the hi-jacking was possibly the best plot-twist in the history of ever. But I was disappointed with how little detail Suzanne Collins used to describe it. At first, it was amazing, what with Peeta trying to strangle Katniss, and then him flipping out on Delly. But after that, I felt like she kind of left it alone, when there was so much she could have done with that! I just wanted re-write that entire part to include some huge fight scenes (verbal and physical) between Peeta and Katniss, Peeta and Haymitch, even Peeta and Gale. But you barely hear anything about the reverse hi-jacking.
--When it comes to Katniss’ and Johanna’s training, yet again, I feel as if she should have gone a bit more in depth. I felt as if she was in such a rush to get the training over with that she didn’t take the time to make it worth the space on the page. Based upon what I’ve read in THG and CF, she could have done an amazing job with going through the details of their training, but instead, she barely touched upon it.
--I loved the original approach to the war, like the whole thing with the pods. I especially loved the scene when Boggs set off the mine, which set of a million other pods. But after his death, I feel like something was missing. Not just a character, but some kind of spark behind the writing. There was no detail, there weren’t enough specific events. And the things that were specific were difficult to follow, yet at the same time, somewhat predictable. I also felt that after the Star Squad failed at their original mission, everything went downhill. I didn’t like much after that. Except for Peeta realizing that he was a threat. Him telling them to kill him, or insisting on having a nightlock pill, telling them that not only did he deserve to die, but that he would surely do something else in the future to warrant his murder, was absolutely heart-wrenching! (yet somehow, horrifically satisfying.)
--As for all the people who died… It was completely unnecessary! There was no legitimate reason for half of the Star Squad to die. No reason Finnick had to die. In fact, had he lived, I’m sure he could have added a lot to the ending. And the worst: PRIM! Why on Earth did Suzanne kill her?! I see no point whatsoever. In fact, it took me a while to grasp that she was dead. When Katniss was on fire, she said she heard a mockingjay calling out to her, telling her not to go. I assumed that was Prim! The deaths of both Finnick and Prim left something to be desired. There is next to no detail on how they die, or how it affects Katniss. Both of their deaths are stated simply in a sentence or two (okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a little, but I’m just trying to get the point across)
Before I continue, I would just like to point out that Johanna Mason is my favorite character of all time. I have no idea why. Yes, she’s a bitch, but she knows it and uses it to her advantage. Anyway:
--What happened to Johanna?! She practically drops off the face of the planet after she has the flashback and lands herself in the hospital, deemed incapable of fighting. Like I said, she’s my favorite character, and I feel like she was simply forgotten once Katniss left 13. I had actually looked forward to the two of them working together out there, fighting to bring down the Capitol. Instead, her character just vanished.
--That drug- and grief-induced haze bothered me so much. After Katniss shot President Coin (which I TOTALLY did not see coming for whatever reason) and she was taken into that mansion, she pretty much gave up. That is NOT the Katniss I have come to know. I understand that she had a lot going on and a lot to deal with mentally, but I just couldn’t stand the fact that she was slowly letting herself waste away. It was just so out of character.
--My one good note: I love, Love, LOVED President Snow’s death. I don’t know why, but it was just so appropriate. I am assuming, of course that whatever sickness caused him to be spitting up blood finally did him in as he laughed hysterically over President Coin’s assassination. How terribly appropriate that he would laugh himself to death over Katniss’ final act of rebellion.
--I actually liked the idea of a final Hunger Games. Of course, I expected Katniss to say no, but I had hoped it would have proceeded anyway. The Games were my favorite part of the first two books, and maybe that’s why I didn’t like this one as much. (Although I did love the part when Finnick and Katniss said “Ladies and Gentleman, let 76th annual Hunger Games begin!) Sorry if that’s not a direct quote.
--I hated the epilogue. Hated it, hated it, hated it. I felt like I was reading a bad fan-fiction of what happened in the aftermath. This is for a few reasons. I thought Peeta was going to die. I had already accepted that he was going to die, as I said before, I WANTED him to die. I am Team Gale, all the way. For me, it was the only thing that made sense. It was so out of character for Gale to just drop out of her life. What did he do for the rest of HIS life?! There is no way he fell in love with anyone else. And Katniss had already chosen Gale over Peeta in CF! I just can’t imagine Gale’s life without Katniss. Of course, I can’t imagine Peeta’s either, but in my little world, Peeta died quickly and accidentally by the imprudent hands of a Peacekeeper or someone else from the Capitol, Gale and Katniss got together, and if she HAD to have an epilogue, had a daughter name Rue (in honor of Rue, of course, and also in honor of Prim, since they were so alike) who had Prim’s blonde hair, but Katniss’ and Gale’s startling grey eyes. Speaking of children…. WHY, SUZANNE COLLINS, WHY?!?! Why did you give Katniss children, but not even give them NAMES?!?! Or show that she even cared about them at all?!?! They were pointless plot points, meant to tie up loose ends, when in actuality, all they did was raise more questions, much like Annie Cresta and Finnick Odair’s baby. I just can’t wrap my head around it.

Standing alone, Mockingjay is an amazing book. But as part of the trilogy… not so much. It’s not a thing like THG or CF. And I mean that in a bad way, for the spark behind the writing, the thing that kept the pages turning in the first two, were lacking in MJ. It’s almost as if it isn’t part of the trilogy. In all, I was disappointed with this book, since I had such high expectations.
Back to top Go down
Ruewillfly

PostSubject: To hate or not to hate?   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:39 pm

I don't know what to think about this book. It was amazingly powerful and moving, but completely not what I expected. In a bad way. But some parts were amazing. So I don't know.

The part I really didn't like was Katniss. Before her first interveiw, Cinna told her to be herself because people would admire her spirit. What happened to that Katniss? She used to be strong, smart, loving to certain people, occasionally funny and almost always relateable. In Mockingjay, she was soooo different. The beginning was good I thought. I did expect more grit out of her after two Games victorys (did it bother anyone else how Katniss, Finnick, and even Johanna, who seemed like tough victors after 2 games, were so weak and helpless the whole time? They had lived through so much, I thought their reactions to things that didn't seem so bad in comparison seemed way over the top. I was esp. surprised about Johanna- she didn't seem too bad right after getting tortured, attitude-wise, and yet a flash back weeks later had her hospitalized and depressed?), but I understood why Katniss was upset. Then she seemed like she snapped out of it: there was that amazing scene in 8 where she started helping the rebellion and saving lives and going back to her own self, and I was thrilled. After that speech, she seemed so into the rebellion. Then she snapped again! I thought it was depressing and hard to read, and I wanted to smack some sense into that girl. I am not half as brave and cool as she was in the first book, but I fet like even I could handle it better than her. I was so mad that she didn't get her act together and fight for a good cause and an end to everything that bothered her so much. She was just so lost- she barely talked to her own sister. I hate to say this, because I despise Twilight, but for a while I got a horrible feeling that New Moon depressed Bella took over narrating. And about the Peeta thing- the old Katniss would have straight up told them that she had to save Peeta before she continued with the Mockingjay. The new Katniss cried until they did it for her. I was so mad that she didn't go! There was so much wasted opportunity for an amazing adventure there. And I HATED that she voted for the new Games. And she even said she was doing it for Prim, which made no sense, because wasn't she fighting to keep Prim from going through what she did? And even a weak arguement that it was different for her b/c they're capitol people is out- wan't she the one to stand up for her prep team and try to help the man who escaped from the Nut? That was what proved to me she wasn't just a washed out, sad version of Katniss, she was a whole new person, and I didn't like that person at all. And then, all of a sudden at the end, she assasinated Coin, which totally contradicted what she just voted for. I would have loved that part because I wanted it to happen, but it just made no sense considering she just supported Coin.

I actually loved the part about Peeta's hijacking. It was so unexpected and heartbreaking, but it worked out amazingly. THAT was what I expected from this book- the capitol doing something awful, and the rebels slowly but surely defeating them, working their way back to being good.

I also liked how the war mirrored the games, but I felt it could have been so much better. Like JohannaMason said, the first part with the bomb was amazing. After that, it seemed kinda flat. Katniss could have taken control so much better, really used her experience from the Games.

I HATED how Gale just suddenly dissapeared. After years of being her best friend, helping her through everything, and her claims she couldn't live without him, and he just leaves and she doesn't seem to care. I think he should have died- it would practically be the same thing since he's just suddenly gone, but it would have been more emotional and touching. I truly thought either Gale or Peeta would die, and it just struck me as weird. The whole ending was awful, because her relationships with everyone just stopped. It seemed so out of character for everyone. Even Haymitch just dissapeared, and Peeta didn't come back for forever. When he did, I felt like their relationship was just blah. I felt no connection or any real feelings there at all. And it didn't seem like Katniss even liked her kids at the end! If you're going to give her kids, I would think she'd love them and they would help her recover and love again. Instead it just seemed like she was like, "Eh, whatever. Peeta wanted them, that's the only reason I put up with them."

People keep saying they don't see the point of everyone dying, but I do. Looking back, I can actually see why she made this book work out how it did. It was impossible to see from the first book, but now I know the point of the whole series wasn't defeating the games or choosing a boy. It was about humanity, and what certain things can do to a person. It can turn them mean, or hopeless, or angry, or empty. It was about cruelty, and how to deal with it. All the people died to make a point of how horrible it can be. What I didn't like was how torn up Katniss was until the last few sentances, then all of a sudden it seemed like she turned the whole book around to try to make it not about hopelessness, which Katniss was for the whole book, but about getting better and being hopeful again. Which is great, except it all happened in the last paragraph!

I guess I still liked it. Suzanne got her point across- it was powerful and moving and so, so sad. I cried for an hour at least about how horrible it all was. But the thing is, I liked the first book so much better. Simple, interesting, and scary, with an amazing plot and characters I loved. It all seemed so real, and Katniss especially was amazing. I guess I just wasn't expecting such a depressing, deep end of the series based off of the first and second books. There were only a few moments where the old spirit and action and sadness and humor all mixed together came through- in district 8, when she yelled at Buttercup after Prim's death, and when Finnick was in his underwear. And I have to admit, I loved the last line, When Peeta said "You love me. Real or not real?" because it just seemed like the perfect way to say it. And it was also perfect to choose Peeta because he could remind her of hope. But the fact that she needed so much reminding was frustrating. It was, in my opinion, way too depressing.

So all in all, after this enormous essay, I still don't know. Moving, for sure, but for me moving is a separate term from enjoyable. I want my old Katniss back.
Back to top Go down
peeta luva 1818

peeta luva 1818

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:43 pm

OMG i can not believe wat they did to peeta poor katniss Sad i hav not finished it yet but im gettin there!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
<3TeamGale<3

<3TeamGale<3

PostSubject: I finally got it!!!   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:51 pm

So I finished Mockingjay like 4 days ago and couldn't figure out a lot about the authors motive for why she did a lot of stuff and I was puzzling over the way it seemed so different as far as the mood and the telling of this book and I think I've finally figured it out.

A lot of ya'll posting on here have talked about this one being depressing or nor understanding why Collins killed Prim and Finnick and like almost the whole Star Squad, but that's just it Collins told this story like it was real life. In real life the best characters, your favorite characters don't always make it, things don't always work out how you want it. Everything is not bright and cheery and works out for the best. A lot of people said this book was gloomy and dark, but hey thats life. Katniss, Peeta, and eventually Gale going insane? You think it would be any different in real life when we have men coming back from war with unstable minds everyday? No she told this story the way that life would play out and it's not fair. But it's because of that I applaud her, she's taken a daring move writing it this way where a lot of people are gonna get ticked because we don't like to see life and people for what they truely are just like Katniss got so upset when Peeta saw her for what she truely was, because on the inside none of us are very pretty, we're as bad as the capitol we adourn our outside with things that are pretty and pleasing to the eye but without the grace of God inside we are just as corrupt and shameful.

I have to say while at first I wasn't sure I truely loved this book it was masterful in showing the entire world of the hunger games as what it really is not fiction and to do that Collins had to show us the side of life and of humans that we don't like to see like poor sweet little Prim dying because of Coin's own ambition and corruption. But for this truth I give Collins two thumbs way way up cheers

Oh and by the way I have to throw in there I was soooo disappointed Katniss didn't choose Gale, Ugh life's not fair! lol Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
peeta luva 1818

peeta luva 1818

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:43 am

omg i finished the book and i seriously was in tears i cried wen buttercup came lookin 4 prim and wen they were makin the book 4 all the people that died ! i m so sad that this the last book in this series cuz i wish i cood keep readin theese books and i no alot of people r team gale but i mglad she chosse peeta i think he was better 4 her!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
cynicalcivility

cynicalcivility

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 3:33 pm

What a dark, gruesome book! I'm usually all up for this kind of stuff, but this...I will be up all night thinking about it!

I agree with whoever above said that this had a dark beginning, middle, and end. It was just darkness and gore everywhere, and I'm starting to think I'll be having nightmares like Katniss! What I don't understand is how she just dumped (for lack of a better word) Gale and felt relieved that he was gone. He was her best friend and always stayed by her side! I was shocked that she indirectly blamed him for the death of Prim, since it was in no way his fault. I'm just completely confused as to why Collins wanted him out of her life and randomly in District 2, supposedly living happily? And she assumes he's already found a new lover? Really, Katniss? *sigh* I don't think I'll ever get over that.

Back to top Go down
<3TeamGale<3

<3TeamGale<3

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:26 pm

cynicalcivility wrote:
What a dark, gruesome book! I'm usually all up for this kind of stuff, but this...I will be up all night thinking about it!

I agree with whoever above said that this had a dark beginning, middle, and end. It was just darkness and gore everywhere, and I'm starting to think I'll be having nightmares like Katniss! What I don't understand is how she just dumped (for lack of a better word) Gale and felt relieved that he was gone. He was her best friend and always stayed by her side! I was shocked that she indirectly blamed him for the death of Prim, since it was in no way his fault. I'm just completely confused as to why Collins wanted him out of her life and randomly in District 2, supposedly living happily? And she assumes he's already found a new lover? Really, Katniss? *sigh* I don't think I'll ever get over that.

I totally agreed about the Gale thing that killed me! Collins should write another book that is like his story so that I can finally have some peace lol. His lack of story really bothers me cuz he was my fave character.
Back to top Go down
anna
Admin
anna

PostSubject: why so many died....   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Not to sound harsh but....

This is a story about war. In war, people you care about die. Even if you can't see why, they sacrifice themselves to the cause.

I would have been mad if no one of importance died; then no lesson would have been learned.

It's sad that people died but it was necessary for this type of work. It's not a Twilight, no one dies, tra-la-la... ending. It had so much substance!

Anyone else think likewise??? Question Suspect
Back to top Go down
She's Not Broken

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:46 pm

The deaths... I anticipated that there would be a lot of them. I knew someone really important would die - the book would feel fake if they didn't. But I thought it would be the fighters - Johanna and Haymitch and Gale. I was prepared for their deaths. I'd spent the whole summer telling myself that they'd be dead. But it wasn't them. It was Prim.

Yup, that's right, folks.
Prim.
Is.
Dead.

I could not believe it. I honestly couldn't, I kept thinking that she would magically come back to life. I couldn't handle it. Prim was the reason the whole series started, guys! If her name hadn't been called at the reaping, there would be no rebellion! I was so sure that Suzanne wasn't gonna kill her. I'd considered it, but I decided it would be too heartless.

Finnick was hard too. Not because he's one of my favorite characters. But for some reason, in my mind, Finnick was immortal. And then the book was all like, "Guess what, he's DEAD! HA!" And I was all like, "Wait a second... he's not supposed to die!! Noooo!!!"

Madge, whatever. I liked her, but after Prim died, I was kinda beyond caring. Not because the book was bad - it was amazing - but I was just numb.

I expected Cinna to die. I never really loved him, anyways.

But there was one character who I was extraordinarily happy to see survive - Buttercup. I loved him since book 1. So what is Madge and Cinna are dead? BUTTERCUP survived, and we all know he's ten times awesomer than all the rest of the characters put together.

But the part when he went looking for Prim broke my heart.
Back to top Go down
<3TeamGale<3

<3TeamGale<3

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:22 am

anna wrote:
Not to sound harsh but....

This is a story about war. In war, people you care about die. Even if you can't see why, they sacrifice themselves to the cause.

I would have been mad if no one of importance died; then no lesson would have been learned.

It's sad that people died but it was necessary for this type of work. It's not a Twilight, no one dies, tra-la-la... ending. It had so much substance!

Anyone else think likewise??? Question Suspect

Agreed the book was written to be real and there was no keeping people alive for the readers sake. Thats what would have happened. Boggs would have died leading. Finnick would have died protecting. And Prim would have died healing... It breaks my heart but its true.
Back to top Go down
DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:47 am

i just finished reading the book a couple nights ago and i thought to myself how unfortunate for certain people and the details were so vivid in some places it was like u were in the room watching them.

Finnick, Boggs, Madge, Prim, the other group of rebels.

Cinna i kinda had figured he was already dead but it was amazing how he had all the time in the world to come up with the designs of Katniss's clothing. It sounded like it took a ton of time to do and we only went through 2 Hunger Games in the 3 books.... ya i guess i could see he had the time.. sorta...

Finnick. The things that happened with Finnick were very off chart for me... as in unexpected. I did not think he was going to marry Annie but it was so sweet how he acted to keep her always in a happy mood. I also liked how he taught Katniss and Peeta the rope tying to keep her mind off of the Games. Finnick i always saw as noble but i did not see him as being slaughtered by the mutts to be noble.

I didnt get how Boggs' leg was blown off. Who stepped on the thing that blew it off?

Madge's and Prim's death were both heart breakers for me.

Poor Madge was probably burned alive in her own home and to just have been told that the whole family was inside it was a little nerve wracking... but i guess it was a "mercy death" to the mayor's wife because she was very ill in the first and second book.

I didnt expect Prim to die. The reason i thought Katniss was running over to the girl was because it reminded her of Prim (like Rue). i kinda didnt catch on that she was dead until Katniss had said to Buttercup that she wasnt there and was gone.

The other things i wasnt prepared for were Peeta's mental issue, Gale, and Mrs. Everdeen, and the death of President Cain.

Peeta's mental issue had me in an emotional wreck. i was ready to kill the Capital myself because they shouldnt have tortured him like that. it was interesting to watch/ read the tension going on between them. The Medical Room. The Cafeteria. On the Mission. i thought the Real or Not Real game was a good idea for settling out the things going on in his head. the ending where he goes " you love me? real or not real?" i thought was sweet as to the whole epilogue too.

i had not expected Mrs. Everdeen to go off to District 4.

I want to know why in heavens name Katniss shot President Cain. That made no sense what so ever.

Gale. I coulda sworn Katniss was going to go to Gale. The kiss in that open area when gathering wood, all the time they spent together, the way they watched out for each other. it hurt when he said the only way you love me is because im in pain. that was like a dagger to the heart. i had not expected him to go to District 2.

the words exchanged between Gale and Peeta before they went to sleep that one night with Peeta saying that Katniss loves Gale i was close to tears. It hurt because he just pushed Katniss aside in a way saying that she didnt. If Peeta could see that she loved him and Gale couldnt then he's blind. But i guess it was a defense thing because he saw K & P kissing and putting on the act. Fiancee. Pregnant. The Beach. its kinda hard to take back things like that without believing them yourself.

but overall, Collins did a phenomenal job with this book. it was a thriller and an on-the-edge-of-your-seat book. Hats off to her! This series is by far the best i have read by anyone. Collins is AMAZING!!!!
Back to top Go down
HGFan74

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:58 pm

DaisyDuke wrote:

I want to know why in heavens name Katniss shot President Cain. That made no sense what so ever.

Katniss shot Coin instead of Snow because it became apparent to her that Coin had orchestrated the murder of the children, including Prim in order to garner more favor with the people and destroy the last of Snow's support. Coin also showed her true colors by suggesting a final Hunger Games with the children of the Captal - but pushing the ultimate responsibility for the games back on the victors. When Coin did that I was pretty sure Katniss would kill her instead.

I also don't think Katniss just "dumped" Gale as someone suggested earlier. Katniss was damaged in a way that Gale could never understand. She alludes that the hate and anger in him when matched with her own could never have worked. She needed a more gentle soul like Peeta.

All in all I liked the book. I liked that not all of our favorite characters made it out alive. That's not how wars work. I thought it was an excellent ending to an outstanding series.
Back to top Go down
cynicalcivility

cynicalcivility

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:54 pm

DaisyDuke wrote:
I didnt get how Boggs' leg was blown off. Who stepped on the thing that blew it off?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he stepped on a bomb in the ground. It was like a minefield, as they had mentioned. One wrong step, and, well...you know.

Quote :
I also don't think Katniss just "dumped" Gale as someone suggested earlier. Katniss was damaged in a way that Gale could never understand. She alludes that the hate and anger in him when matched with her own could never have worked. She needed a more gentle soul like Peeta.

Even though I'm not a fan of Peeta, I completely understand why he would be a better match for her in that respect. I can live with her and Peeta being a couple. However, I'm merely suggesting they should be friends. It takes time to heal, and Gale would be willing to give her that time. I do hope that despite not seeing Gale in a romantic way anymore, she would be willing to be friends again. Like I said, it wasn't his fault that Prim is dead. It's technically Coin's.
Back to top Go down
DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:00 pm

HGFan74 wrote:

Katniss shot Coin instead of Snow because it became apparent to her that Coin had orchestrated the murder of the children, including Prim in order to garner more favor with the people and destroy the last of Snow's support. Coin also showed her true colors by suggesting a final Hunger Games with the children of the Captal - but pushing the ultimate responsibility for the games back on the victors. When Coin did that I was pretty sure Katniss would kill her instead.

thank you for clearing that up for me that makes sense.

cynicalcivility wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he stepped on a bomb in the ground. It was like a minefield, as they had mentioned. One wrong step, and, well...you know.

thank you also for clearing that up. i had thought that the guy redoing his moves for the videos had accidently stepped on something that had triggered the bomb under Boggs.
Back to top Go down
kidfromsix

PostSubject: Hunger Games ending   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:33 am

Some real spot-on comments here I felt the same things at the end, the whole thing left me totally drained and Hell I'm an older guy, but like someone said you don't always get happy endings, this is about real-life and Collins wrote a pretty gritty one. Some time back I was privileged to read an "alternate" Hunger games trilogy, even it ended pretty much the same, except that Katniss killed Snow with an arrow to the eye, but she also killed Coin as well. The authors of this revision didn't kill off Finick and had Gayle getting married to Johanna and paying Katniss a brief visit, but like the original series Katniss is totally spent.
Back to top Go down
catnip503

catnip503

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 1:31 pm

i love the end. (the real end and the epilogue end)
its really clever how suzanne collins said about 'there are
far worse games to play)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome   Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome Empty

Back to top Go down

Mockingjay: Spoilers Welcome
Page 1 of 1